Frequently Asked Questions
1. HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE INCLUDED IN MY EXPERIENCE?
Our guides take up to 14 guests each day to keep the groups small, personal and much more fun!
2. HOW LONG IS EACH EXPERIENCE?
Sleeping Beauty Trail/Mount Genevieve: 5 hours
Chaalh uu Kaahlii/Rennel Sound: 6 hours
Yakoun Lake: 4 hours
Gray Bay: 6.5 hours
Forestry Tour: 5 hours
Artisan and Museum Tour: 8 hours
Tlell River: 5 hours
Mayer Lake: 5 hours
3. ARE PETS ALLOWED?
We do not allow pets.
4. WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Please see policy.
5. ARE THERE BATHROOMS LOCATED AT EACH DESTINATION?
We will ensure we stop at coffee shops and outhouses during all tours.
6. CAN MY EXPERIENCE BE CANCELED DUE TO BAD WEATHER?
As you’ve probably already heard, the weather in Haida Gwaii can change instantly and we check the weather more than most people check their Email. It’s possible that our experiences could be adjusted or canceled to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
7. HOW AND WHEN DO I PAY FOR MY EXPERIENCE?
Payments can be made through our website for reservations. We accept debit and credit cards.
8. DO I HAVE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS?
Although reservations are highly recommended to guarantee your spot, we understand the unpredictable nature of traveling. We know plans can change in an instant and we will do our best to work with guests who may have not booked ahead but are still looking to take advantage of our experiences.
9. WHAT CAN I DO IF I CAN’T DO THE HIKE?
In order to accommodate all visitors our experiences run on a daily rotating schedule and do not always include a hike. There are experiences we run such as Artisan or Forestry which do not include a hike. Guests can choose not to participate in the 10-minute hike in the Gray Bay experience, but still participate in all other aspects. Please refer to our experience pages to find what experience is right for you.
10. ARE THERE MEALS INCLUDED WITH THE EXPERIENCES?
All of our experiences include a meal.
11. CAN YOU CATER FOR MY DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
Yes. Our guides will try their best to ensure there are sufficient alternative options for anyone with specific requirements. Let us know when you book if you have any requirements.
12. CAN I BRING FOOD AND DRINK ON THE VEHICLE?
Yes, Ocean Edge Expeditions is happy to allow you to bring drinks and snacks on board.
13. ARE THERE AGE RESTRICTIONS?
Children under the age of ten may not have the endurance to participate in the Tl.aal/Tlell River or Sleeping Beauty tours.
14. Other questions?